1.1 This a revised rules and regulations of St. Peter's College, aims mainly at guiding new and old students of the College towards a holistic and balanced qualitative education for a balanced living here after. They are carefully selected and tried out of life principles relevant to their peculiar stage of human growth and development that would enable them mould themselves into God-fearing and responsible citizens of Nigeria, (Christians, Muslims and traditional religionists alike).
1.2 These rules and regulations are meant not only for the students but also for the members of staff to guide them in their duty of helping the students entrusted to their care.
1.3 They are also meant for the parents and guardians for their information and necessary action with respect to the training in character and learning of their wards in the College. We believe that this will enable them follow up the training of these students at home when they come home on holidays.
1.4 Any parent or guardian who is not satisfied with the provisions of these rules and regulations or notices some inadequacies in the said rules is free to make suggestions for amendments so as to improve the situation.
Resumption of School
4. 1 Students are expected to report back to school not later than 5:00pm on the resumption day.
4. 2 A card should be designed by the school for three terms for check.
4. 3 Any student who fails to return to school three days after resumption shall be sent home for two weeks.
4. 4 Students should ensure that they are properly checked in by a team of teachers on resumption before gaining access to the hostel. Defaulters shall be severely punished.
4.5 Surprised check on students shall be routinely conducted as deemed fit by the school authority to remove materials that are not allowed into the hostel. Confiscated items shall be destroyed.
5. 0 Vacations from the College
5.1 Students are expected to vacate the school compound not later than 3 pm on the day of vacation.
5. 2 On vacation days, students are expected to turn up for a formal dismissal assembly and collection of results and Newsletters.
5. 3 Defaulting students with respect to items 5.1 and 5.3 will be sent back to spend two weeks at home.
6. 1 Loitering in town by students without permission is intolerable. Defaulters will be suspended for one month.
6. 2 No day student should leave the school compound before the right time to do so. Any contrary without the permission of the Principal attracts severe punishment.
6. 3 No boarding student is allowed to leave the school compound without the permission of the House Master or House Mistress or the Principal or his assistant. No student is expected to leave the school premises with his/her exeatduely signed. Second offenders might be expelled from the College.
6.4 The staff quarters is out of bounds to ALL students; boarders and day students alike.
6. 5 No student should be seen in and around the staff quarters without the permission of the Principal or his assistant. This is without prejudice to the students who are wards of members of staff residing with their parents or guardians.
6. 6 Students wishing to consult or discuss with any member of staff will have such within the school premises.
6 .7 Visiting is the first Saturday of the month. Parents will not be allowed other than this day to see their wards.
6 .8 No students shall go into the science laboratory/ Computer Room unless accompanied by the science teachers in charge or specifically sent by him or her.
7. 0 Relationship among Students
7. 1 This College is blessed with students from different cultural backgrounds, coming from almost all parts of the country. Our relationships must therefore be those of brothers and sisters of one nation bound in freedom. To this effect,
7. 2 Students must respect one another. There must be no bullying of any kind. Very severe punishment awaits first offenders, while second offenders may be expelled from the college.
7. 3 It is mandatory for any student that is bullied to report to the House Master or House Mistress or directly to the Principal or his assistant. Failure to report cases of bullying is a punishable offence in the school. Both of them will be severely punished.
7. 4 No students (Prefects and non Prefects alike) shall flog or beat another student. Defaulters will be severely penalized and will be required to bear cost in case of any injury. Second offenders might be expelled from the College.
7. 5 There must be no arson of any kind or case(s) of pilfering either of one another's belonging or of the school property or that of a member of staff. Offenders will be made to pay for the affected items, expelled and handed over to the police.
7. 6 The use of vulgar or abusive language(s) is strictly prohibited. Any student found will be made to empty the dustbins for two weeks.
7. 7 Relationship should be strictly formal and in the open. If found such students should be suspended for one month
7. 8 Any case(s) of informal or nocturnal relationship attracts grave sanctions. 7.7 applications to 7.8
7. 9 Any case(s) of abuse, intimidation or harassment is punishable with expulsion
8. 0 Dormitory Conduct.
1. St Joseph Blue
2. St Agatha Red
3. St Matthew Green
4. St. Ambrose Yellow
8. 1 The dormitory is not a play ground neither is it a market place nor a restaurant. It is a place of rest. Playing in and around the dormitories is not allowed. Noise making during periods of rest (siesta and night sleep) is strictly prohibited. The dormitory is not a classroom, studying in the dormitory is prohibited.
8. 2 Every student is expected to be on his/her bed at the stipulated times.
8. 3 The dormitory must be kept clean always. As such,
8.4 Students must always make their beds after each rest. Failure to do so, such a student will be given hard labour.
8.5 There must be no littering of papers and other refuse items in and around the dormitory. These must be properly disposed.
8. 6 The spreading of dirty or washed clothes inside the dormitory is not allowed. If found, such students will be given hard labour.
8. 7 No student shall wash or take bath along the corridor of the dormitory. If found, such students will be given hard labour.
8. 8 Students are not allowed to cook and use the following: Stoves, heaters and other cooking materials will be confiscated and the owners severely punished.
8.9 There is always an inspection of the dormitory every Saturday by the House Mater and House Mistress. This, however, is without prejudice to the daily checks by the dormitory prefects and unscheduled inspection by the Principal or his assistant.
8. 10 Students are not allowed to use electrical appliances in the dormitory. If found, such items will be confiscated and will not be given back to the owners.
8. 11 Smoking, use of hard drugs, liquor or any other form of stimulants are prohibited. Offenders will be expelled.
8. 12 Stealing and pilfering shall never be tolerated. Offenders shall be expelled.
8. 13 When not in use, the dormitory must be under lock with no one inside unless the person is certified sick and cannot participate in the exercise in question. Students who fall sick must present themselves to the Health Prefect who in turn presents their case(s) to the House Master / Mistress or to the Principal or his assistant for permission to be in bed
8. 14 No body shall be in the dormitory during classes: 7:45am 2:00pm from Monday to Friday. Preps 4: 00pm to 5: 00pm and 7: 45 to 9:30pm everyday.
8. 15 Visitors including day students are not allowed into the dormitories. If found, the day students will be punished and the visitors be turned back.
8. 16 No male student shall be found in or around the girls' dormitories and no female student shall be found in or around the boys' dormitories.
8. 17 No student who has no completed his / her dormitory and feeding fees shall be admitted into the dormitory.
8. 18 Defaulters to one or more of the rules and regulations guiding the conduct of students in the school might be asked out of the dormitory.
9. 0 Dressing Code
9.16 A summery of offenses attract automatic expulsion
10.0 GENERAL DISCIPLINE
11. 0 Religious Matter
13. 0 Conclusion